A lovely fresh, zesty recipe ideal for sunny weather.
Zest and juice of one lemon
1 tblsp shoyu or tamari soy sauce
4 radishes finely cut
Handful sunflower seeds
Pinch sea salt
2 spring onions finely cut
8 mint leaves finely cut
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh sieve.
- Place the quinoa, water, lemon juice and shoyu in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the quinoa is tender.
- Toast the seeds in a pan on low heat, stirring occasionally for 6 minutes or until the seeds turn golden.
- Place the quinoa in a salad bowl and fold in radish, sunflower seeds and half the lemon zest.
- Season with sea salt.
- Serve garnished with spring onion, mint and the remaining lemon zest.