A lovely, festive recipe full of the winter fragrances of sage and chestnut.
- 2 cups red lentils
- 4 cups water
- Strip kombu sea vegetable
- Half onion diced
- 1 clove garlic finely cut
- Handful sage Sprig fresh rosemary
- Handful soft chestnuts
- 3 leaves kale roughly cut
- Half butternut squash – diced
- Half a cup ground almonds
- Bay leaf
- Dash sesame oil[/itemlist]
- Combine lentils, chestnuts, kombu and bayleaf in a pan. Add the water and bring to a boil, then simmer for 25 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Meanwhile heat a dash of oil and sauté the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt. Add the squash pieces and herbs and cook for a few minutes. Combine with the lentils and add ground almonds, dash shoyu/ herb salt to taste.
- Prepare a baking tin with oiled parchment paper and transfer the mixture into the tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.