Our Summer Noodle Stir Fry is a fresh, balanced dish oozing with lovely flavours. This recipe is showcased in this months issue of Kindred Spirit in the feature on Wholefood Harmony and Food for the Soul.
350g rice or soba noodles
1 block firm tofu
1 cup peas
Juice of a lemon
2 tblsp tamari soy sauce
2 tblsp rice syrup
Pinch sea salt
Fresh coriander to garnish
- Finely slice the onion and cut the carrot and courgette into matchstick like pieces.
- Place the tofu block between 2 tea towels with a weight on top. This will prepare the tofu for frying by allowing any excess moisture to drain.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add a pinch of sea salt. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain the noodles and add a splash of oil if you are not using them soon.
- Meanwhile cut the tofu into small cubes and heat three tablespoons of oil in your wok or frying pan. Cook the tofu on each side for a few minutes until golden. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add a touch more oil and stir in the onions with a pinch of sea salt.
- After a few minutes add the carrot and courgette and cook for five minutes.
- Add the peas, noodles, tofu and cook for a further few minutes.
- Combine the tamari, lemon juice and rice syrup and add to the pan.
- Serve garnished with fresh coriander.